The Chart of the Day belongs to Harvard Bioscience (HBIO). I found the scientific instrument stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Ownlist first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation over the last 6 months. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 3/27 the stock gained 15.53%.
Harvard Bioscience develops, manufactures and markets tools used in drug discovery research at pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, universities and government laboratories.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchat technical indicators:
- 96% Technical buy signals
- 162.57+ Weighted Alpha
- 142.86% gain in the last year
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 20.20% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 70.86%
- Technical support level at 5.78
- Recently traded at 5.95 with a 50 day moving average of 4.95
- Market Cap $205 million
- P/E 95.00
- Revenue expected to grow 18.48% this year and another 4.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 66.70% this year, an additional 30.00% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.00% for the next 5 years.
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation on the stock