The Chart of the Day belongs to Madrigal Pharmaceuticals (MDGL). I found the Pharma stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/30 the stock gained 194.84%.
Madrigal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is engaged in developing small-molecule drugs addressing cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. Its products pipeline include MGL-3196, an orally administered liver-directed thyroid hormone receptor-' agonist that is used for the treatment of NASH, dyslipidemia/hypercholesterolemia and high triglycerides; and MGL-3745, a thyroid hormone receptor-' agonist which are in pre-clinical trial stage. Madrigal Pharmaceuticals Inc., formerly known as Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp., is based in Fort Washington, Pennsylvania.
Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 431.33+ Weighted Alpha
- 100% technical buy signal
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 61.70% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 79.57%
- Technical support level at 128.41
- Recently traded at 148.42 with a 50 day moving average of 88.21
- Market Cap $1.96 billion
- Revenue and Earnings projections are all over the map
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 strong buy recommendation on the stock