EXAS The Chart of the Day belongs to Exact Science (EXAS). It is a repeat and if you had bought it the last time it was featured on 8/22 you would have made 45.48%. I found the cancer screening stock by using Barchart to sort today's 52 Week High list first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signal of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 8/22 the stock gained 35.71%.Exact Sciences Corporation uses applied genomics to develop effective, patient-friendly screening technologies for use in the detection of cancer. Certain of its technologies have been licensed to Laboratory Corporation of America Holdings for a stool-based DNA screening assay for colorectal cancer in the average-risk population. Colorectal cancer, which is the most deadly cancer among non-smokers, is generally curable if detected early. Despite the availability of colorectal cancer screening and diagnostic tests for more than twenty years, the rate of early detection of colorectal cancer remains low, and deaths from colorectal cancer remain high. EXACT Sciences believes its genomics-based technologies would help to enable detection of colorectal cancer so that more people can be effectively treated.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 243.83+ Weighted Alpha
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 4 new highs and up 16.70% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.75%
- Technical support level at 53.16
- Recently traded at 54.99 with a 50 day moving average of 45.48
- Market Cap $5.97 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 145.80% this year and another 58.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 28.20% this year, an additional 39.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 22.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issue 7 strong buy, 4 buy and 4 hold recommendations on the stock