SQ The Chart of the Day belongs to Square (SQ). It's a repeat and since the last time it was Chart of the Day on 6/21 the stock gained 46.61%. I found the software stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first by Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/11 the stock gained 26.88%.Square, Inc. offers financial services and marketing services. The Company provides payments and point-of-sale which include hardware and software to accept payments, streamline operations and analyze business information. Its payments and POS services include In-Person Payments, Online Payments, Square Cash, Square Register, Square Analytics, Square Appointments and Square App Marketplace. The Company's financial services include Square Capital and Square Payroll. Square, Inc. is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- Weighted Alpha 195.11+
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new high and up 24.58% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 81.95% in the last month
- Technical support level at 33.04
- Recently traded at 35.06 with a 50 day moving average of 28.94
- Market cap $12.62 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 24.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 148.00% this year, an additional 79.20% next year and continue to increase at the rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 14 strong buy, 3 buy and 11 hold recommendations on the stock