CAI The Chart of the Day belongs to CAI International (CAI). I found the intermodal container stock by using Barchart to sort today's 52 Week High list first by Weighted Alpha, then by technical buy signals of 80% or more. The I use the Flipchart feature to review the chart for consistent price appreciation.CAI International is one of the world's leading intermodal freight container leasing and management companies. Intermodal freight containers are large, standardized steel boxes, which CAI leases primarily to international steamship companies, and are used to transport cargo by a number of means, including ship, truck and rail. A portion of the container fleet is owned by CAI with the balance being owned by third parties on whose behalf CAI manages the containers. Accordingly, CAI operates its business through two segments: container leasing and container fleet management. Through its international network of offices and agents CAI also has developed an active after-market program for containers retired from the international shipping fleet.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 195.28+ Weighted Alpha
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 9.03% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 60.77%
- Technical support level at 30.31
- Recently traded at 31.38 with a 50 day moving average
- Market Cap $605 million
- P/E 30.76
- Revenue expected to grow 17.60% this year and another 16.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 404.30% this year, an additional 37.50% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 8.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock