TROX The Chart of the Day belongs to Tronox (TROX). I found the titanium products stock by using Barchart to sort today's 52 Week High list first for the highest Weighted Alpha then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. I then used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/3 the stock gained 16.97%.Tronox Incorporated is a producer and marketer of titanium products. Products offered by the Company includes: titanium ore and titanium dioxide (TiO2); mineral sands products; and electrolytic and speciality chemicals. Titanium products offered by Tronox find its application in paints, coatings and plastics. The electrolytic and specialty chemicals find s application in the paper and battery industries. Tronox's mineral sands operations consist of two product streams - titanium feedstock, which includes ilmenite, natural rutile, titanium slag and synthetic rutile; and zircon, which is contained in the mineral sands extracted to capture natural titanium feedstock. Tronox operates three separate mining operations: KZN Sands and Namakwa Sands located in South Africa and Perth in Western Australia. Production of electrolytic and specialty chemicals is carried out in United States. Tronox Incorporated is based in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- Weighted Alpha 200.44+
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 16.66% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index of 74.28%
- Technical support level at 26.07
- Recently traded at 26.83 with a 50 day moving average of 21.79
- Market Cap $3.16 billion
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
- Their projections for Revenue and Earnings are so different that I wouldn't rely on them
- The individual investors on Motley Fool that follow the stock voted 39 to 2 that the stock will beat the market