ASYS The Chart of the Day belongs to Amtech Systems (ASYS). I found the specialty equipment maker by using Barchart to sort today's 52 Week New High list, first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Lastly I use the Flipchart feature to find charts with consistent price appreciation. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/8 the stock gained 38.24%.Amtech Systems is engaged in the manufacture of several items of capital equipment, one of which is patented, used by customers in the manufacture of semiconductors. Co. has recently obtained a U.S. patent on technology on which it expects to base a proposed new photo chemical vapor deposition (``CVD``) product for use in semiconductor manufacturing facilities. The Company has engaged the University of California, Santa Cruz, to conduct a study to determine the feasibility of such a product.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 170.77+ Weighted Alpha
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 14.88% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 66.83%
- Technical support level at 12.67
- Recently traded at 13.05 with 50 day moving average of 11.07
- Market Cap $182 million
- P/E 105.17
- Revenue expected to grow 30.30% this year and another 23.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 143.60% this year, an additional 134.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy recommendations on the stock