ISRG The Chart of the Day belongs to Intuitive Surgical (ISRG). I found the surgical equipment company by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks closest to the 52 week highs, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 8/14 the stock gained 12.79%.Intuitive Surgical, Inc. designs and manufactures the da Vinci Surgical System. The da Vinci Surgical System seamlessly translates the surgeon's natural hand movements on instrument controls at a console into corresponding micromovements of instruments positioned inside the patient through small puncture incisions, or ports. The products provide the surgeon with the range of motion and fine tissue control previously possible only with open surgery, while simultaneously allowing the surgeon to work through small ports.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 8.21% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.57%
- Technical support level at 1065.71
- Recently traded at 1089.45 with a 50 day moving average of 997.62
- Market Cap $39.54 billion
- P/E 51.54
- Revenue expected to grow 12.10% this year and another 11.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.00% this year, an additional 16.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 8 strong buy, 1 buy, 6 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock