PGR The Chart of the Day belongs to Progressive (PGR). I found the insurance stock by using Barchart to sort today's Top Stocks to Own list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since The Trend Spotter signaled a buy in 4/27 the stock gained 11.10%.Progressive Corp. is an auto insurance company and a writer of auto insurance through independent agents. Progressive is committed to providing independent agents with a financially strong company that offers competitive products designed specifically for the agency business; a strong national brand that drives consumers to independent agent's offices; 24-hour, in-person services for them and their customers; and continued innovations in technology.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 10.79% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.61%
- Technical support level at 43.75
- Recently traded at 44.59 with a 50 day moving average of 40.98
- Market Cap $25.80 billion
- P/E 22.48
- Dividend yield 1.56%
- Revenue expected to grow 12.60% this year and another 10.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 38.80% this year, an additional 9.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 20.46% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 4 string buy, 2 buy, 6 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock