MCD The Chart of the Day belongs to McDonalds (MCD). I found the fast food giant by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/17 the stock gained 17.81%.McDonald's Corporation develops, operates, franchises and services a worldwide system of restaurants that prepare, assemble, package and sell a limited menu of value-priced foods. The company operates primarily in the quick-service hamburger restaurant business. All restaurants are operated by the company or, under the terms of franchise arrangements, by franchisees who are independent third parties, or by affiliates operating under joint-venture agreements between the company and local business people.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 11.32% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 86.10%
- Technical support level at 143.77
- Recently traded at 144.53 with a 50 day moving average of 132.38
- Market Cap $117.81 billion
- P/E 24.07
- Dividend yield 2.61%
- Revenue expected to decrease 8.90% this year and another 11.90% next year
- Earnings however, are estimated to increase 11.70% this year, 6.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 9.16% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 13 strong buy, 1 buy and 8 hold recommendations on the stock