TEF The Chart of the Day belongs to Telefonica SA (TEF). I found the telephonic communications stock by using Barchart to sort Today's Top Stock to Own list first for the most frequent number of new highs in he last month then again for technical buy signal of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 12/30 the stock gained 19.46%.Telefonica is the largest supplier of telecommunications services in the Spanish and Portuguese speaking world. They provide fixed-link public voice telephone, mobile phone service, internet access, data transmission, directories and broadcast media.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 15 new highs and up 14.82% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 84.25%
- Technical support level at 10.86
- Recently traded at 11.00 with a 50 day moving average of 9.82
- Market Cap $53.51 billion
- P/E 6.94
- Dividend yield 7.16%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 4.80% this year, 14.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 55.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 buy, 3 hold and 1 sell recommendation on the stock