MXL The Chart of the Day belongs to MaxLinear (MXL). I found the semiconductor stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Sine the Trend spotter signaled a buy on 12/15 the stock gained 21.24%MaxLinear is a provider of radio-frequency analog and mixed signal semiconductor SoC solutions for broadband communication applications offering small silicon die-size, and low power consumption. The Company's RF receiver products capture and process digital and analog broadband signals to be decoded for various applications. These products include both RF receivers and RF receiver systems-on-chip (SoCs), which incorporate the Company's integrated radio system architecture and the functionality necessary to demodulate broadband signals. MaxLinear's current products enable the display of broadband video in a wide range of electronic devices, including cable and terrestrial set top boxes, digital televisions, mobile handsets, personal computers, netbooks, and in-vehicle entertainment devices. MaxLinear is based in Carlsbad, California.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 22.20% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 74.04%
- Technical support level at 25.81
- Recently traded at 26.20 with a 50 day moving average of 22.71
- Market Cap $1.65 billion
- P/E 16.32
- Revenue expected to grow 29.10% this year
- Earnings estimated to increase 38.60% this year and compound at an annual rate of 12.13% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 buy recommendations on the stock