AAOI The Chart of the Day belongs to Applied Optoelect (AAOI). I found the semiconductor stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80 % or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 1/13 the stock gained 13.39%.Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. designs, develops and manufactures advanced optical devices, packaged optical components, optical subsystems, laser transmitters and fiber optic transceivers. The company's products are used in fiber optic communications equipment for FTTH, point-to-point telecom, datacom and access networks and systems supporting cable television, network infrastructure. Applied Optoelectronics, Inc. is headquartered in Sugar Land, Texas.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 6 new highs and up 28.93% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.54%
- Technical support level at 30.40
- Recently traded at 32.00 with a 50 day moving average of 25.35
- Market Cap $526 million
- P/E 54.61
- Revenue expected to grow 36.60% this year and another 27.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 24.30% this year, an additional 57.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 17.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock