GV The Chart of the Day is Goldfield (GV). I found the electrical construction stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first by the highest Weighted Alpha, then again by technical buy signals of 80% or higher. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/14 the stock gained 78.23%.The Goldfield Corporation is a leading provider of electrical construction and maintenance services in the energy infrastructure industry in the southeastern United States. The company specializes in installing and maintaining electrical transmission lines for a wide range of electric utilities. Goldfield is also involved in the development of high-end condominium projects on Florida's east coast.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 24.72% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.49%
- Technical support level 5.34
- Recent traded at 5.53 with a 50 day moving average of 3.80
- Market Cap $130 million
- Revenue only about $120 million
- Earnings are just breaking even
- No Wall Street analyst is following but there are several positive blogger articles on Seeking Alpha
- This is not an investment but a pure momentum play