PJC The Chart of the Day belongs to Piper Jaffray (PJC). I found the securities firm stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for Thur highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/28 the stock gained 79.37%.Piper Jaffray Companies is a focused securities firm dedicated to delivering superior financial advice, investment products and transaction execution within selected sectors of the financial services marketplace. They operate through two primary revenue-generating segments: Capital Markets and Private Client Services. Investment Research, an independent group reporting to the CEO, supports clients of both segments. The firm serves corporations, government and non-profit entities, and institutional investors on a national basis.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 11 new highs and up 13.43% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 75.52%
- Technical support level at 73.87
- Recently traded at 77.50 with a 50 day moving average of 63.12
- Market Cap $1.13 billion
- P/E 17.06
- Revenue expected to grow 9.30% this year and another 10.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.00% this year, an additional 22.40% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.00% for the next 5 years
- Only 1 Wall Street analysts is making a hold recommendation on this stock. There is an unwritten agreement among Wall Street firms that they do not make recommendations on each others publicly traded stock.