AGX The Chart of the Day belongs to Argan (AGX). I found the construction contractor by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/14 the stock gained 17.37%.Argan, Inc., headquartered in Rockville, MD, through its wholly owned Southern Maryland Cable, Inc. subsidiary, provides inside premise wiring services to the federal government and also provides underground and aerial construction services and splicing to major telecommunications and utilities customers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 9 new highs and up 17.85% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 69.19%
- Technical support level at 69.04
- Recently traded at 73.60 with a 50 day moving average of 61.13
- Market Cap $1.13 billion
- P/E 19.11
- Dividend yield .99%
- Revenue expected to grow 58.80% this year and another 14.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 67.80% this year but decrease by about 7.10% next year
- Wall Street Analysts issued 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock