MLM The Chart of the Day belongs to Martin Marietta Materials (MLM). I found the infrastructure supply stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 10/31 the stock gained 22.04%.Martin Marietta Materials producer of aggregates for the construction industry, including highways, infrastructure, commercial and residential. The company also manufactures and markets magnesia-based products, including heat-resistant refractory products for the steel industry, chemicals products for industrial, agricultural and environmental uses, and dolomitic lime.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 18 new highs and up 33.77% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 76.83%
- Technical support level at 228.10
- Recently traded at 227.22 with a 50 day moving average of 182.95
- Market Cap $14.3 billion
- P/E 36.18
- Dividend yield .75%
- Wall Street analysts are completely reworking their revenue and earnings projections
- They still have 3 strong buy ans 2 hold recommendations in place
- The individual investors on Motley Fool with opinions on the stock voted 158 to 24 for the stock to beat the market