FNSR The Chart of the Day belongs to Finisar (FNSR). I found the optic fiber stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/8 the stock gained 85.34%.Finisar is a provider of fiber optic subsystems and network test and monitoring systems which enable high-speed data communications over local area networks, or LANs, storage area networks, or SANs, and metropolitan access networks, or MANs. They are focused on the application of digital fiber optics to provide aline of high-performance, reliable, value-added optical subsystems for data networking and storage equipment manufacturers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 39.34% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 79.97%
- Technical support level at 29.23
- Recently traded at 31.04 with a 50 day moving average of 23.58
- Market Cap $3.42 billion
- P/E 36.80
- Revenue expected to grow 15.00% this year
- Earnings estimated to compound at an annual rate of 17.50% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 2 buy and 3 hold recommendations on the stock
- The individual investors following the stock on Motley Fool voted 439 to 40 that the stock will beat the market