The Chart of the Day
belongs to Farmer Brothers
(FARM). I found the coffee stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index s
tocks first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend spotter signaled a buy in 8/29 the stock gained 15.38%.
Farmer Bros. Co. is in the business of roasting, packaging and distributing coffee and allied products to restaurants, hotels, hospitals,convenience stores and fast food outlets. The company's primary raw material is green coffee. Green coffee is purchased through domestic commodity brokers. Coffee is an agricultural commodity, and is subject to fluctuations of both price and supply.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 19.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.78%
- Technical support level at 35.14
- Recently traded at 36.45 with a 50 day moving average of 31.98
- Market Cap $611.27% million
- P/E 32.73
- Revenue expected to grow 3.80% this year and another 5.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 17.90% this year, an additional 24.80% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 30.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy recommendations on the stock