SPAR The Chart of the Day belongs to Spartan Motors (SPAR). I found the truck chassis stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Indexstocks first by Weighted Alpha then again by technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend S[otter signaled a buy on 7/6 the stock gained 26.98%.Spartan is a leading designer, engineer and manufacturer of custom heavy-duty chassis. The Company's chassis consist of a frame assembly,engine, transmission, electrical systems, running gear (wheels, tires,axles, suspension and brakes) and, for some applications, a cab. The Company's customers are original equipment manufacturers (``OEMs``) who complete their vehicle product by mounting the body or apparatus on a Spartan chassis.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 27.67% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.33%
- Technical support level at 9.09
- Recently traded at 9.32 with a 50 day moving average of 7.23
- Market Cap $320.98 million
- P/E 115.13
- Dividend yield 1.09%
- Revenue expected to grow 6.60% this year and another 3.00% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 633.30% this year, an additional 18.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 15.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock