AMD The Chart of the Day belongs to Advanced Micro Devices (AMD). I found the semi-conductor stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha then for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/30 the stock gained 29.38%.Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. is a world-class company with the innovation, execution, and vision to grow our leadership position in the industry. Today's world-class companies share three essential characteristics. First, they deliver innovative products and technologies that customers want. Second, they have established a proven track record of fast, efficient manufacturing execution. And third, they have a bold vision of where to take their business, and often their industry. Over the course of AMD's three decades in business, silicon and software have become the steel and plastic of the worldwide digital economy. Technology companies have become global pacesetters, making technical advances at a prodigious rate always driving the industry to deliver more and more, faster and faster. AMD's dedication to customer-centric innovation and competitive spirit is an unbroken thread running from our early days in the integrated circuit business, through an ever-broadening product portfolio.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 88% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 30.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength index 65.09%
- Technical support level at 6.53
- Recently traded at 6.64 with a 50 day moving average of 5.33
- Market Cap $5.28 billion
- Revenue expected to grow 3.30% this year and another 5.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 61.10% this year and an additional 76.20% next year
- Wall Street analysts issued 6 strong buy, 7 hold and 3 sell recommendations on the stock