SHEN I featured Shenandoah Telecommunication (SHEN) as the Chart of the Day back in September of last year but it's current chart warrants another look. I found the telecom stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% of better. I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency.Shenandoah Telecommunications Company is a holding company which provides a broad range of telecommunications services through its operating subsidiaries. The Company's operating subsidiaries provide local telephone, cable, Internet access, interexchange facilities, cellular and PCS services, along with many other associated services.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signals
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 16 new highs and up 24.61% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 82.03%
- Technical support level at 40.17
- Recently traded at 42.08 with a 50 day moving average of 33.88
- Market Cap $2.05 billion
- P/E 42.76
- Dividend yield .52%
- Revenue expected to grow 10.20% this year and another 6.70% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 25.30% this year, an additional 2.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 24.40% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 1 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock