BTI The Chart of the Day belongs to British American Tobacco Industries (BTI). I found the tobacco holding stock by using Barchart to sort today'sAll Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. I always use the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency.British American Tobacco is the holding company of a group of companies which manufacture, market and sell tobacco products.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 8.17% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 34.37%
- Technical support level at 126.11
- Recently traded at 130.34 with a 50 day moving average of 121.99
- Market Cap $111.02
- Dividend yield 3.56%
- Revenue expected to be down .50% this year but up again by 4.20% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase by 3.70% this year, a additional 12.00% next year and continue to compound annually at a rate of 6.20% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy and 1 hold recommendation for the stock