SR The Chart of the Day belongs to Spire (SR). I found the natural gas utility stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the highest number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency.Spire Inc. is a public utility company which is engaged in the purchase, retail distribution, sale and marketing of natural gas. Its operating segment consists of Gas Utility and Gas Marketing. Gas Utility segment includes the regulated operations of Laclede Gas and Alabama Gas Corporation. Gas Marketing segment is engaged in the marketing of natural gas and related activities on a non-regulated basis. Spire Inc, formerly known as The Laclede Group Inc., is headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 19 new highs and up 8.45% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 71.93%
- Technical support level at 68.52
- Recently traded at 69.43 with a 50 day moving average of 65.32
- Market Cap $3.02 billion
- P/E 21.11
- Dividend yield 2.82%
- Revenue expected to be down 13.70% this year but grow again by 3.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.30% this year, an additional 4.10% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 4.52% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 strong buy, 2 buy, 3 hold and 2 under perform recommendations on the stoxk