TMO The Chart of the Day belongs to Thermo Fisher Scientific (TMO). I found the analytical instrument stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time High list first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 5/6 the stock gained 4.48%.Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. provides analytical instruments, equipment, reagents and consumables, software, and services for research, manufacturing, analysis, discovery, and diagnostics. The Company's four premier brands include Thermo Scientific, Life Technologies, Fisher Scientific and Unity Lab Services. Its portfolio of products includes technologies for mass spectrometry, elemental analysis, molecular spectroscopy, sample preparation, informatics, purity chemistry production, protein analysis, Ribonucleic acid (RNA)-interference techniques, immunodiagnos. Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 4.81% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.25%
- Technical support level at 149.56
- Recently traded at 153.55 with a 50 day moving average of 146.10
- Market Cap $60.42 billion
- P/E 20.08
- Dividend yield .40%
- Revenue expected to grow 5.70% this year an another 5.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 10.00% this year, an additional 10.70% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.20% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 10 strong buy, 8 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock