BAX The Chart of the Day belongs to Baxter International (BAX). I found the medical products stock by using Barchart to sort today's All Time Highlist first for the most frequent number of new highs in the last month, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or more. Then I use the Flipchart feature to review the charts for consistency. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/2 the stock gained 16.10%.Baxter International engages in the worldwide development, manufacture and distribution of a diversified line of products, systems and services used primarily in the health-care field. The company's products are used by hospitals, clinical and medical research laboratories, blood and dialysis centers, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, doctors' offices and by patients, at home, under physician supervision.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 14 new highs and up 9.67% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 73.20%
- Technical support level at 43.08
- Recently traded at 44.07 with a 50 day moving average of 40.72
- Market Cap $24.08 billion
- P/E 15.25
- Dividend yield 1.06%
- Revenue expected to be down .60% this year but grow again by 3.50% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 9.40% this year, an additional 17.20% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 11.42% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 2 buy and 11 hold recommendations on the stock