SYY The Chart of the Day belongs to Sysco (SYY). I found the wholesale food distributor by using Barchart to sort the All Time High list first for the most frequent new highs in the last month, then I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 2/1 the stock gained 8.25%.Sysco Corporation is the largest North American distributor of food and food related products to the food service or `food-prepared-away-from-home` industry. The company provides its products and services to restaurants, health care and educational facilities, lodging establishments and other food service customers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 72% technical buy signals
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 13 new highs and up 1.90% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.00%
- Technical support level at 46.33
- Recently traded at 46.71 with a 50 day moving average of 44.85
- Market Cap $26.37 billion
- P/E 24.65
- Dividend yield 2.65%
- Revenue expected to grow 3.00% this year and another 4.10% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 7.10% this year, an additional 10.70% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 8.51% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts are all over the map with 2 strong buy, 2 buy, 7 hold, 2 under perform and 2 sell recommendations