CLX The Chart of the Day belongs to Clorox (CLX). I found the stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest number of new highs in the last 20 trading sessions, then again for technical buy signals of 80% or better. I always use the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 11/19 the stock gained 4.36%.Clorox Company's business operations, represented by the aggregate of its U.S. Household Products and Canada, U.S. Specialty Products and International segments, include the production and marketing of non-durable consumer products sold primarily through grocery and other retail stores.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- Market Cap $16.68 billion
- P/E 26.18
- Dividend yield 2.45%
- Revenue expected to grow 1.20% this y year and another 2.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 6.60% this year, a additional 6.80% next year and compound at an annual rate of 7.30% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 9 holds and 5 under performs on the stock
- On Motley Fool the individual investors are more optimistic and voted 861 to 46 that the stock will beat the market
The regular technical trading strategies were not very reliable for this stock so I would advice using trailing stop loss 10% off the recent high to preserve profits.