National Presto Industries (NPK) is the Barchart Chart of the Day. The industrial goods company has a Trend Spotter buy signal, a Weighted Alpha of 52.70+ and gained 52.45% in the last year.
The Chart of the Day belongs to National Presto Industries (NPK). I found the industrial goods stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha then for technical buy signals of 80% or better. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/8 the stock gained 7.71%.
National Presto Industries manufactures and distributes small electrical appliances and housewares, including comfort appliances, pressure cookers and canners, private label and premium sales products. Electrical appliances and housewares sold by the company include pressure cookers and canners; the Presto Control Master heat control single thermostatic control line of fry pans in several sizes, griddles and combination griddle/warmers and multi-purpose cookers; deep fryers of various sizes; can openers, slicer/shredders; electric heaters; corn poppers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 52.70+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 8 new highs and up 7.17% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.39%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 88.14
- Recently traded at 89.29 with a 50 day moving average of 83.24
- Market Cap $618.78 million
- Dividend yield 1.13%
- Wall Street analysts do not follow or give projection on this stock
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 479 to 12 for the stock to beat the market
The 50 Day Parabolic Time/Price has been the most effective technical trading strategy for this stock.