The Chart of the Day is Digi International (DGII). I found the communications equipment stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks for stocks with technical buy signals of 80% or better and a Weighted Alpha of over 50.00+. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 8/31 the stock gained 12.01%.
Digi International Inc. is a worldwide provider of communications hardware and software delivering seamless connectivity solutions for peripheral server-based remote access and local area networking markets. The Company operates exclusively in a single business segment and sells its products through a global network of distributors, systems integrators, value-added resellers and original equipment manufacturers. They also sell direct to select accounts and the government.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- 51.40+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 14.31% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.06%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 11.58
- Recently traded at 11.52 with a 50 day moving average of 10.20
- Market Cap $286.70 million
- P/E 107.45
- Revenue expected to grow 9.40% this year and another 7.90% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 200.00% this year, an additional 28.60% next year and continue to increase at an annual rate of 30.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
None of the usual technical trading strategies have been effective on this stock so please use a trailing stop loss to protect your gains.