The Chart of the Day is Adeptus Health (ADPT). The stock has been a repeat several times this year. I found the emergency medical care stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for the highest Weighted Alpha, then again for a technical buy signal of 80% or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled another buy on 9/16 the stock gained 4.35%.
Adeptus Health, Inc. owns and operates First Choice Emergency Room, the network of independent freestanding emergency rooms in the United States. The Company provides emergency medical care to patients in Texas and Colorado. It has developed a facility design and infrastructure specifically tailored to the emergency care delivery system that combines staff, equipment and physical layout to deliver care. Adeptus Health Inc. is based in Lewisville, Texas.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 80% Barchart technical buy signals
- 320.20+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 13.65% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.31%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 106.24
- Recently traded at 114.28 with a 50 day moving average of 105.24
- Market Cap $1.32 billion
- P/E 201.84
- Revenue expected to grow 68.10% this year and another 41.80% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 2950.00% this year, an additional 73.00% next year and continue to increase at a compounded annual rate of 80.80% for he next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 5 strong buy, 2 buy and 1 hold recommendation on the stock
The 100 day moving average vs price has been a reliable technical trading strategy for this stock