The Chart of the Day belongs to Ardelyx (ARDX). I found the biopharmaceutical company by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Indexstocks first for the highest Barchart technical buy signals then again for a Weighted Alpha of 50.00+ or better. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts, Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 9/2 the stock gained 10.94%.
Ardelyx, Inc. is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company. It discovers, develops and commercializes small molecule therapeutics that work in the gastrointestinal tract to treat cardio-renal, GI and metabolic diseases. The Company's lead product candidate is Tenapanor which is in three ongoing Phase II clinical trials for the treatment of patients with ESRD-HD and chronic kidney disease, as well as for constipation-predominant irritable bowel syndrome. Ardelyx, Inc. is headquartered in Fremont, California.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 55.50+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 12.64% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.72%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 17.63
- Recently traded at 21.30 with a 50 day moving average of 18.39
- Market Cap $551.88 million
- P/E 1,032.50
- Earnings estimated to increase at compound annual rate of 30.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 3 strong buy and 1 buy recommendation on the stock
- The individual investors on Motley Fool voted 16 to 1 for the stock to beat the market
The 20-50 Day MACD Oscillator has been the most reliable technical trading strategy for this stock.