The Chart of the Day belongs to White Mountains Insurance Group (WTM). I found the insurance stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for technical buy signals of 80% or better then for a positive Weighted Alpha. Next I used the Flipchart feature to review the stocks. The Trend Spotter signaled another buy on 9/2.
White Mountains Insurance Group, Ltd. is engaged in the business of property and casualty insurance and reinsurance
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 22.00+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 4.75% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 64.29
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 704.26
- Recently traded at 749.25 with a 50 day moving average of 701.38
- Market Cap $4.49 billion
- P/E 21.82
- Dividend yield .14%
- 2 Wall Street analysts have hold recommendation on the stock but their revenue and earnings estimates are not solid
- The individual investors on Motley Fool have voted 355 to 18 that the stock will beat the market.
The 20-50 Day MACD Oscillator has been the most effective technical trading strategy for this stock.