The Chart of the Day belongs to National Beverage (FIZZ). I found the soft drink stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for technical buy signals of 80% or better then for very positive Weighted Alphas. Next I use the Flipchart feature to review the charts. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/16 the stock gained 16.47%.
National Beverage Corp. is a holding company for various subsidiaries that develop, manufacture, market and distribute a complete portfolio of quality beverage products throughout the United States. Their brands emphasize distinctive flavor variety, including their flagship brands, Shasta(R) and Faygo(R), complete lines of multi-flavored and cola soft drinks.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- 38.20+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 7 new highs and up 9.51% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 62.66%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 25.35%
- Recently traded at 26.03 with a 50 day moving average of 24.14
- Market Cap $1.21 billion
- P/E 24.60
- No analysts are presently following this stock
- The individual investors on Motley Fool vote 122 to 19 that the stock will beat the market
None one of the regular technical trading strategies have been effective on this stock so I would use a trailing stop loss 10-15% below is most recent high to protect gains.