The Chart of the Day belongs to Smith & Wesson (SWHC). I found the handgun Manufacturing stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks for the with the highest Weighted Alpha and then again for the stocks with a Barchart technical buy signal of 80% or better. Last I used the Flipchart feature to review the charts. The Trend Spotter signaled another buy on 8/28.
Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation is one of the world's leading producers of quality handguns, law enforcement products and firearm safety and security products. Law enforcement personnel, military personnel, target shooters, hunters, collectors and firearms enthusiasts throughout the world have used the company's products with confidence for 150 years. Smith & Wesson Corp. also manufactures and markets Smith & Wesson branded handcuffs and other products utilizing its metal working expertise and providing products and services to many external customers.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 78.30+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 10 new highs and up 12.39% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 67.43%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 16.62
- Recently traded at 18.08 with a 50 day moving average of 16.50
- Market Cap $971.98 million
- P/E 15.30
- Revenue expected to grow 12.30% this year and another 5.40% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 27.80% this year, an additional 14.80% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts released 1 strong buy, 6 buy, 1 hold and 1 under perform recommendation on the stock
The 100 day moving average vs price has been the most reliable technical trading strategy on this stock.
Although this is a stock bucking the current trend, I am still not buying anything in this uncertain market.