The Chart of the Day belongs to Calavo Growers CVGW. I found the agricultural services stock by using Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 Index stocks first for Barchart technical buy signals of 80% or better, then again for a positive Weighted Alpha. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 7/20 the stock gained 16.42%.
Calavo Growers, Inc. engages in the procurement and marketing of avocados and other perishable foods and the preparation and distribution of processed avocado products. Their expertise in marketing and distributing avocado, processed avocado, and other perishable foods allows them to deliver a wide array of fresh and processed food products to food distributors, produce wholesalers, supermarkets, and restaurants on a worldwide basis.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 100% Barchart technical buy signals
- 54.90+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 5 new highs and up 12.58% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 72.98%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 53.75
- Recently traded at 59.62 with a 50 day moving average of 53.75
- Market Cap $1.03 billion
- P/E 32.12
- Dividend yield 1.37%
- Revenue expected to grow 17.20% this year and another 15.60% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 33.80% this year, an additional 14.90% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 10.00% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
The price vs. the 100 day moving averages have been the most successful trading strategy for this stock.
Remember these are not buy rating but are an example of a stock fighting the tape.