Today we are changing things up a bit to show you just how versatile the Barchart screening tools are. We will begin using the Russell 3000as our new universe for the Chart of the Day. The Russell 3000 contains the largest 3000 stocks that are actively traded on the major exchanges. The stocks range from Apple (AAPL) with a Market Cap of $664 billion down to Medley Management with a Market Cap of $49 million.
We will use Barchart to sort the Russell 3000 stocks first for the stocks with the highest Weighted Alpha, then sort again for the stocks with technical buy signals of at least 80%. Next we will use the Flipchart feature to review the charts,
Today's Chart of the Day belongs to Sucampo Pharmaceuticals (SCMP). I found the pharmaceutical preparations stock by using the method stated above. Since the Trend Spotter signaled a buy on 6/22 the stock gained 46.86%.
Sucampo Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an emerging pharmaceutical company focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of proprietary drugs based on prostones, a class of compounds derived from functional fatty acids that occur naturally in the human body. Sucampo is focused on developing prostones for the treatment of gastrointestinal, respiratory, vascular and central nervous system diseases and disorders.
The status of Barchart's Opinion trading systems are listed below. Please note that the Barchart Opinion indicators are updated live during the session every 10 minutes and can therefore change during the day as the market fluctuates. The indicator numbers shown below therefore may not match what you see live on the Barchart.com web site when you read this report.
Barchart technical indicators:
- 96% Barchart technical buy signals
- 228.60+ Weighted Alpha
- Trend Spotter buy signal
- Above its 20, 50 and 100 day moving averages
- 3 new highs and up 15.54% in the last month
- Relative Strength Index 68.46%
- Barchart computes a technical support level at 22.87
- Recently traded at 25.51 with a 50 day moving average of 19.59
- Market Cap $1.15 billion
- P/E 33.80
- Revenue expected to grow 22.10% this year and another 21.30% next year
- Earnings estimated to increase 87.50% this year, an additional 25.30% next year and continue to compound at an annual rate of 14.90% for the next 5 years
- Wall Street analysts issued 1 strong buy, 1 buy and 2 hold recommendations on the stock
The 20-50 Day MACD Oscillator has been shown to be an effective technical trading strategy for this stock.